Thursday, July 17, 2008

2nd Week!

And how is everyone doing?

I know some are doing this in different stages. The first time I did a Sugar Fast, I just cut out the refined sugars. Cokes, Sweet Tea (the very hardest for me), desserts, ice cream, etc. Anything make with sugar. This time I chose to take it a step further and cut out white breads, etc.

I have left over birthday cake, candy (Hershey's kisses that did not make it into the treat bags {they were over loaded!!!}) Ahem. Snapple Peach flavored Sweet Iced Tea in the basement and I have been a good girl. I even have Popsicles in the deep freeze. Have not touched them.

Tips for the sinking feelings:
  • Eat plenty of fruit
  • Keep raisins on hand-they give a great boost of energy that lasts
  • triskets and cheese
  • cottage cheese
  • water, drink plenty of water
  • nuts, peanut butter, bread and peanut butter
  • banana and peanut butter with bread
  • a salad
  • eat 5-6 meals a day
  • most of us who workout together also lift weights we need that protein! Drink that protein shake/smoothie what ever.

Check in tomorrow for my Smoothie Recipe made with whey protein. It is very good. A good snack for you or even the whole family. Maybe we can even get Cindy to post that wonderful Chocolate Protein shake she brought to class that day. Yum!!!

No comments: