Monday, July 21, 2008

Fresh Veggies and Grilling

I miss seeing everyone today. I hope that you will be getting your workout by taking your children for a walk, jog, swim at the pool, playing outside or just play with them on the floor. They will enjoy it and you will too! The ROC Fitness Classes will resume on Friday with Lisa at 9 and Lou at 10:05. Mary Esther and I are going down there this morning to clean the room, the closet, mirrors (though Aaron, Mildred or someone has been doing that already!) and the matts. Oh, did I tell you, we are getting new matts!!! Yeah!!!

Right now is a great time to pick up fresh fruits and veggies at the Farmers Market and the vegetable stands that are around the area.

Have you ever thought about grilling the veggies? Grilling gives them a really good flavor. I put my veggies on when the meat is about 1/2 of the way done.

But first I clean, slice and toss them in olive oil. Then sprinkle sea salt and Greek Seasons on the veggies

Zoey is my grilling buddy. Stands guard for Cat and Hawk alert. :-) And she keeps me company.

Don't forget to check the veggies and turn them. This is the way that you want them to look.

Plate it up! Delicious and Nutritious! Add a Baked Sweet Potato (Or White Potato) {and they can be grilled too!!! } or Whole Grain Rice and You have a Wonderful Meal.

No comments: