Friday, January 2, 2009

What Tempts You?

Ladies God love you. He wants you healthy and strong to do His will, His work and to serve Him. I want you to start this journey of changing how you eat, exercise and treat your body by praying. Ask Him to give you the strength and courage to persevere and finish the race. He never promised us life would be perfect or a rose garden. But to do the best with the tools and knowledge He has given us.

Your service to Him might be keeping your home clean, taking care of your family and being service to your community and Church. He may have you in service as a CEO of a large company, being of service to your community and Church. Both jobs are important. If He has allowed a thorn in your side, remember, it is for Him and His Glory. Ask Him for Grace to deal with it and keep moving. Sometimes I feel like I have several thorns, my most trouble some are migraines.

Today, pray specifically for God to help you with your stumbling blocks. Those food temptations you have when you are in situations you cannot control.

Is there something in your house that is a stumbling block to you? Will it tempt you? "But I have to keep something in the house for my Husband to snack on." "My Kids need them to snack in the afternoon." Good point! Why can't they eat the same healthy foods that you eat? I feel like your house is something YOU can control.

If something is in the house that tempts you, get it OUT! If it is a stumbling block FLEE! Well, don't flee from your house, just don't bring it in. Your family cares about you and your health, they will understand.

Today's tip:
Get rid of all those temptations in your house. Now some of you may still have company, kids have not gone back to school, football playoff parties. We have all that going on here ~Roll Tide Roll~ , but get your plan together and a day set to have all those tempting goodies out of the house.

Another option is, have a place to store the tempting foods and you never go there. It is off limits to you. Your family cannot eat it in front of you. REMEMBER, YOUR FAMILY HAS TO BE ON BOARD WITH YOU ON THIS! THEY HAVE TO BE SUPPORTIVE! If at anytime, you fall into temptation, these items must leave the house.

My Sweet DH understands this. My skinny mini, solid muscle DD understands this. We made cookies a couple of times during the holidays. She knows they will be going into the trash in the next few days. I feel badly that we have so few memories of us baking and cooking like that. It happens once a year. And she looks forward to it. She may be a skinny mini, solid muscle b/c she rarely eats junk. She wants a snack, yogurt, apples, veggies... She also eats a lot and it does not ruin supper. She does not have that fluffy chunkiness a lot of the other kids have. And she does eat some junk. We have treats once a week or so. I will save that for a later post.

Work on a plan for today's tip. Flee from the temptation. For me, cookies, candy, chips and dip. For you, it might be something else. But what ever it is-GET IT OUT OF THE HOUSE! And ask God to help you when you are in uncontrollable stumbling block situations.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

An excellent post, thank you. I am praying that 2009 will be the year I start to take my healthy eating and exercise plans seriously. To that end, I resisted the temptation to buy special treats to enjoy during this long holiday weekend. I bought healthy foods, fruits and vegetables, and that is what I have been eating. I know your wonderful blog will help keep me motivated too!

momstheword said...

I need to get back into my exercise and weight lifting routine. I have got out of habit and the weight is coming back on. I just turned 50 too.

My trigger food (if you want to call it a food) is m&m's. I just can't have them in the house.

My goal is to get back down to my "normal" weight so I have about 13 pounds to loose. Then I want to continue to stay with my exercise habit.

momstheword said...

Oh my goodness! That would be so freaky to have imagined that and then it happens!

I once left my house a mess too (in to big a hurry to pick it up before I left) and one of my kid's didn't close the door all the way behind him, so it opened and set off the burglar alarm.

My neighbor told me that they came and they sent their dog in first (which probably scared my dog!). All I could think about was that they saw my messy house, lol!

momstheword said...

I mean the police came and sent their police dog in....